Friday 13 April 2018

Well that's the end of that ... maybe

A friend of mine is in need of something to do, so as a bit of a joke, I texted him about trying the Dam Challenge next year.

The following ensued:

Me: What are you up to in April 2019?
Me: The Dam Challenge is on.
Me: You'd have a year to get fit enough to ride 205 km in a day.
Me: ... or a shorter option - 53 or 137 km.

Him: Dream on.

Me: It would be fun!
Me: ... and they provide all services AND feed you.

Him: I'd die.

Me: I doubt it. It's not a race - do it at your own pace. You have 11 hours to finish.

Him: Can I have 3 weeks?

So I guess that's a "no" then, or maybe a "HELL NO!"

Still it DOES sound interesting.

If I start now, I should be able to put several thousand kilometres into my legs before Christmas without busting a boiler, and that much exercise should lift my fitness to a point that would stand me in good stead for the challenge.

I think I'll download the route maps, and maybe give some of it a try.

No comments: