Thursday 10 May 2012

Revolution sounds like a ... whimper?

This blogging thing is hard. Well, not hard per se, but it's definitely hard to keep posting regularly.

I have a job, and the income from that is desparately needed because I also am afflicted by the greatest income-attrition device known to man - a wife and two children.

I have hobbies - I shoot competitively, and I have a couple of old cars with which I tinker occasionally.

I own a house, so there is maintenance to be done.

Finding time to blog - and then actually doing it - is an ongoing challenge. I have lots to say, but little time to say it, although if you ask my extended family, they might tell you that I talk too much. The arguments that I have with my left-leaning cousins are EPIC.

So now we come to the point of this post - the pressure in my head has reached a point that exceeds my lack of enthusiasm for making the effort to post, and my ability to exercise restraint.

The Australian Federal Budget.

Apparently, as parents of two school-age children, my wife and I are now entitled to $1,640 of other people's money. Why?

I am also to be compensated through the income tax system for increases in the cost of living caused by the new Mining Tax and the new Carbon Tax. The total of the compensation is said to be equal to the increase in government tax revenue. Why?

The Budget also doles out money to various other demographic groups, while somehow also returning to a surplus. Why?
Now, don't get me wrong, a surplus is a good thing compared to the alternatives, but why is government taking more than they spend in the first place? Why are they giving it to other people instead of back to those from whom they took it? Heaven knows, I could gainfully make use of more of my money if they would only let me keep it. Of course, for every surplus billion in taxes taken by the government, only 900 million gets returned (if it ever does) - it costs 10% to run the bureaucracy that manages the money, but still.

Now I read in the local paper that every taxpayer in the country is involuntarily contributing $100 per week (through taxation) to welfare recipients in this country. Why? I recognise that genuine cases of hardship exist, but am I really alone in saying that nobody should get more for NOT working?

Australia is done for. The ANZACs are spinning in their graves scattered over Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Mid-East.

No country can long survive when a family can have NO bread-winner, and still afford housing, clothing, food, a car, mobile phones, alcohol, cigarettes, and entertainment.

When that family consists of adult members whose ancestors for TWO GENERATIONS have never held a job, and children where that number is THREE, then there is NO HOPE of turning things around at the ballot box. These indolent leeches on the body of society will NEVER vote to stop our largesse.

The revolution can't be long away. It won't be pretty, and I am not looking forward to it.

No comments: